Friday 6 December 2013

Ideas For My Final Designs

So as discussed before I wanted to shed light on albinos in african and embrace their beauty. I found you could never find an african albino with scarification, therefore want to experiment and create my own scarification on pale skin and maybe even make white skin even paler. 


S C A R I F I CA T I O N 

Another aspect I would like to bring to attention within my final images, is scarification. I feel I would like to create my own, like said above - Maybe creating one look that signifies the albino white skin and more of a westernised version of an african tribe. Then another look, focusing more on scarification. I had an idea of creating scars but with products, rather than creating 3D scars and also incorporating colour as I feel tribal like shapes on the face would look totally different on white skin rather than what we are use to seeing on darker skin.

A F R I C A N  T R I B A L  M A K E U P




African tribal make-up is a similar concept to scarification.
The tribal make-up can be linked to their tribe, religion or to symbolise a status. 


K A R O  T R I B E 


The Karo tribes are located in Southern Omo Valley in Ethiopia. They are known to be masters of traditional body and face painting. - A main aspect of their dance feast and ceremonies.
To paint their body they simply trace patterns using their hands and fingers with white chalk, black charcoal, yellow, ochre and red earth creating elaborate and beautiful patterns over the body. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment