Friday 6 December 2013

Evaluation

Working with special effects this term has been extremely interesting and I was very intrigued to get started on this project to see what I could come up with! ‘Brave New World’ – A concept I see as something out the ordinary. I began researching into various African tribes and their way of life. Scarification became a big inspiration and every scar they had told a story.
I knew I wanted to create an innovative design that was inspired from African tribes, however wanted to add a twist – that being more westernised. Therefore of paling the skin down, as obviously many of the villagers in Africa are black. I felt it would look totally different on someone white.
With that being said, that then brought me to my idea of researching into albinos and I found that they were greatly frowned upon and some were killed for body parts, I also noticed not many were part of tribes and I was interested to see if any African albinos had gone through any scarification – Unfortunately I couldn’t find any anywhere!
Therefore decided to emphasise the paleness of albinos and embrace that, which inspired me to design a look of just using mainly white over the face and body and creating areas that looked like scarification.
I firstly did find it hard to find ideas that were elaborate and different, I honestly didn’t want to go down the tribe style, but really struggled with finding inspiration from anywhere else.
However, I am glad I stuck to my concept and when researching, I began to enjoy blogging about my ideas and what inspired me.

I was very happy with my final outcomes and loved creating both looks! If I were to go back I would of maybe researched more. Nonetheless, it was a joy to play around with colour, prosthetics and various materials that created something very different to what I had done before.

T E C H N I C A L  F I L E  S I G N  O F F  S H E E T


No comments:

Post a Comment