Friday 6 December 2013

Albino Scarification?

So after researching into scarification and then finding my idea upon creating a westernised version of african style, I tried to see if I could find a black albino with scarification...I looked everywhere! It seems albinos in Africa are a huge outcast in their villages, as I already imagined. However I did not realise how bad it really was. If not kept safe inside by their families, some albinos are at risk of being killed. African doctors believe albino body parts bring good fortune and cure all manners of ills.
These horrific events are still being taking place and increasing the number of albinos killed are growing a huge amount in the last year.
Albinos are also at a high risk of developing skin cancer as their skin is highly sensitive to the sun as due to their condition, they lack skin pigmentation. - Unlike a normal human being, our skin has a pigment of a yellow or pink undertone. This condition also effects the hair and eyes.

As albino's are normally frowned upon within african culture, I wanted to highlight the beauty of Albino skin with the style of african culture.



http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1215949/The-albino-tribe-butchered-feed-gruesome-trade-magical-body-parts.html

No comments:

Post a Comment