Friday 6 December 2013

Experiments

Before creating my final design, I create a couple of experiments to see what works best, below is a design that was inspired by the african albino concept, with the scarification design also. I experimented with Tuplast, painted the face white and then took the Tuplast off to see the effect it would create, I actually loved the jaggered edges and the pink tone of the skin, that almost makes it look like a real scar. However I wanted a more 3D effect so felt using the Tuplast would be a better option to create the african scarifications. 


Here I practiced one of my face charts, as I wanted to see how the white face and black lips turned out - along with using latex glue to create the tribal scars. 
I do love the look and the strong contrast however I discussed before I wanted to portray sense of purity within my work and feel the black lips is a little too harsh. 
The latex glue didn't work as well as the Tuplast as I thought it was a little runny and didn't dry as quick either. Although I would still keep in mind the texture in gives for future looks. 




Below I was experimenting with gelatine and using larger spots on the face, however felt these were a little too big and I felt they didn't really blend into the skin like the flatter ones I tried, I wanted them to look almost like they were apart of the skin. 


Below is an example of the size of the scarification spots I would like to use in my final look. I feel the look quite subtle yet effective. 



No comments:

Post a Comment